Hello, ladies, in case you are thinking of buying makeup, or you just started using makeup and you want to buy makeup, you need to ensure that you buy the right products.
Whether you are a Lagosian, or you are a lady who lives in another location, the tips in this article will be useful for your makeup shopping.
Here are some of the things to consider when buying makeup:
- Have a list: before setting out to shop for makeup, make sure you have a list of things you want to buy so that you won’t buy unnecessary things. When you have a list, you will have an idea of the things you need to get.
- Store or online: you need to decide where you want to buy the makeup from. It’s either you buy online or you visit a physical store to buy from. For those who want to buy online, it is advisable that you do that only when you know the products you want to buy and you have tested it before. In addition, for those who haven’t tested the products or do not know what to get, it is advisable that you visit a physical store so as to get the store manager or assistant to advise you and help you out with testing of the makeup.
- Check reviews: before buying a product, check reviews online. Check buyer reviews, research the products online to see what others have said concerning the products. Don’t just check reviews from one site, check from multiple sites and gauge their opinion.
- Ask others: also, you can ask others; ask friends and families who have used the products before. Try to get an opinion concerning the products based on the products they have used that you are interested in purchasing.
- Test: before purchasing any makeup products, ensure that you test the products. If you haven’t used a makeup before, ensure that you test it before you buy it. In addition, don’t just test, but test in the right places on your body, e.g you can test a foundation on your jawline. Also, ensure that you test makeup in natural light.
- Don’t be forced into buying what you don’t want to buy: sometimes the sales rep might want you to buy a makeup product, and you might not need it, ensure that you are not forced into buying what you don’t need so as not to waste your money.
- Avoid harmful ingredients: when buying makeup products, ensure that you read the ingredients to avoid buying makeup with harmful products like sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, and so on.
- Go without wearing makeup: when going to buy makeup, go without wearing makeup so that you will be able to easily test the makeup you want to buy.
- Have a budget: also, ensure that you have a budget and stick to the budget.
- Know what you already have: have an idea of the makeup products you already have so as to avoid buying the makeup or something similar to it over again.
- Take a friend along: when going to buy makeup, you can also take a friend along for her to give you opinion on the makeup you want to purchase.
Do you know other things to note when purchasing makeup? Kindly share with us in the comment box below!