As a Lagos girl who likes to watch her spendings; one of the things that catch my attention is the ‘sales’ inscriptions or tags I see in boutiques!
Some boutiques in Lagos and in different parts of the world do discounts and sales for people to come and shop at discounted prices. We see boutiques on our streets, at markets, and even online fashion stores advertising their wares on sales. And people see this as an opportunity to shop for things they want at a discounted price.
However, I have come to learn some things about shopping on sales or at discounted prices, and here are some of them:
- Shop for Quality: don’t forget this tip. If you are shopping on sales, ensure that what you are purchasing is of good quality and won’t get worn out tomorrow or you won’t be able to use it tomorrow. And so, just because something is on sales doesn’t necessarily mean you are saving more purchasing it. Look very well at the fabric, the materials, etc. Are the materials peeling off? Are some parts already torn? Is the colour of the material or the fabric fading off? etc. These are some of the things to look out for.
- Create a Budget: you also need to create a budget that you can stick to. Even if you are buying on discounts or sales, still create a budget so as to monitor your spending.
- Do you really need it: I sometimes like to ask myself this whenever I see discounts and sales advertised. You also need to ask yourself, “do you really need this?” If you buy something you don’t need, there is the possibility that you won’t use it. Won’t that mean that you are wasting money?
- Buy your size: you also have to ensure that you are buying an item in your right size. What’s the point of buying a shoe that isn’t your size just because it is on sales?
- Take a list along with you: just because you are shopping on sales doesn’t mean you should buy a lot of things you already have or a lot of things you don’t need. If you don’t need it, do you need to buy it because it is on sales?
Do you like this post? Don’t forget to share it!